Get Involved in Denver, CO
find your place
We understand that finding a community of faith to call home can be a difficult process. We think it is a road worth walking. Follow this path to explore if Platt Park Church can be a home for you:
- Show up Sunday to check out our vibe and worship gathering
- Attend a New Guest Lunch (held the 2nd Sunday of each month after the 10:30am service)
- Be a part of The Front Door Group hosted 3x/year at pastors Tim and Susie Grade’s home in Platt Park.
These simple steps will allow you to explore if this faith community is the right fit for you. We look forward to exploring this connection together with you!
From the Gospel of John, Chapter 20: Early on Sunday morning, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene came to the tomb and found that the stone had been rolled away from the entrance. She ran and found Simon Peter and the other disciple, the one whom Jesus loved. Peter and the other disciple started out for the tomb. They were both running…
That first Easter morning was a physical experience for Mary Magdalene, Peter, and John (who is the “other disciple” listed here). Out of excitement and bewilderment, they engaged their bodies in the ancient, physical act of running to and from the empty tomb.
And so, to help us engage our bodies in a physical experience of worship, Gary Aronhalt is compiling a downloadable audio experience, with music, prayers, reflections and scripture to accompany a hike/jog/run to the summit of Green Mountain, where will meet up for a bit of worship as the sun rises over our amazing city.
Sunday, April 21, 6:00 AM / Green Mountain Park, Lakewood (West Alameda Parkway Entrance) Rain or shine, sun or snow!
Further logistical details:
- There are options between 1 and 4 miles available for making your way to the summit, and then 1 to 4 miles are also possible for the hike back down.
- Sunrise is at 6:14 that morning, so the goal is to be at the radio tower by 6:00.
- Your start time will be contingent on how far and how quickly you want to go. Gary is available to help you with your specific plan, but here’s a rough guess of start times FOR HIKING up from the parking lot on West Alameda Parkway:
- 1 mile, straight up to the top, start at 5:40 am
- 1.4 miles, around east edge of Green Mountain, and then up, start around 5:15 to 5:25
- 2.25 miles, up the Hayden Trail, start at 5:00
- 4 miles, all the way around the Rooney trail and up, start at 4:45
- Times will vary for those who want to run.
- For those not familiar with the park, Gary can provide maps with routes highlighted and clarified.
- The audio file will be approximately 30 minutes long. A link will be emailed to you on Holy Saturday so you can download the file to your phone/device. On Easter morning, you will be free to listen straight through, or to stop and start the audio as you make your way up the hill, depending on how long you plan on taking to make it to the top.
Join us on Good Friday, April 19, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM to celebrate the last days of Jesus’ life with a catered community meal. We will walk through the steps of the Passover meal (Seder Meal) and finish with the death of Jesus on Good Friday.