COLORADO HOSTING ASYLUM NETWORK
Our church is coming alongside a family of 6 who is assimilating into the US after being evacuated out of Afghanistan. We are supporting the family through a partnership with Colorado Hosting Asylum Network. The father was an internal medicine doctor in Afghanistan, his wife taught psychology at a university, and they have 4 children. While they are waiting for work permits, they have been moving every other week to live between 2 other families’ houses. They have finally secured housing and just need a little help bridging the financial gap while they learn more English and wait for paperwork in order to be able to work legally.
There are several ways to get involved:
- To help them with expenses, please click here to donate through the Platt Park website. Select “Afghan Family Assistance” from the drop-down menu.
- The family currently needs some help with transportation (to the grocery store, to doctor appointments and English classes). If you would be willing to be a part of the transportation team, please email Cherith.
Thank you for spreading love!
Volunteer / Spread Love
The mission of Platt Park Church is “helping people become passionate, devoted followers of Christ.” Our mission could also be summed up like this: Love God, Love others, Do something. That’s why one of our core practices is serving: putting the needs of others ahead of our own. We focus on serving together in our church, city and world.
- Check out the serving opportunities in each of the three environments: Platt Park Church, Denver, Global.
- Fill out the information request form at the bottom of the page.
- Have fun, make friends, and grow in faith!
Thank you for your interest in serving with Platt Park Church!
We consider serving to be one of our core practices, and value putting the needs of others ahead of our own. Through our time, gifts and resources we can grow in Christ as we join in God’s mission of loving our neighbor and doing Kingdom work.
By clicking on the serving icons you will find a list of volunteer opportunities in our church, city, and world. Take a look and consider what areas may be of interest to you!
I am happy to answer any questions you may have regarding serving opportunities and connect you with the appropriate contact person if you would like to jump in! If you are unsure about where to start, I would be more than happy to meet with you personally and help you to discern what opportunities might be a good fit for you. We are thankful for your willingness to serve and your desire to connect with our faith community!