Worship with us! Sundays at 10AM.
IN-PERSON & LIVESTREAM
Followed by a weekly After-Party in the side yard!
We welcome you to join us in whatever way feels best to you during this season. If you are interested in attending in-person worship service, please wear a mask and observe social distancing.
We’re so glad you’re here!
Worship Service at 10AM followed by the weekly After-Party in the Side Yard!
- Preschool (ages birth through 5 years old)
- Kids Club (grades 1st – 5th)
- Youth Group (grades 6th – 12th)
Mark your calendars for these fun events coming up in the next few months! Feel free to invite friends!
- Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, & Name Tags. Sunday, June 6. Is there someone you say “hi” to each week but can’t remember their name? It happens to all of us! Never fear — Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, & Name Tags is here! Everyone will wear name tags so you can reacquaint yourselves after this year of being away. And join us after the worship service in the side yard for a cook-out! We will also be welcoming the Eagle Lake counselors who will be running the Eagle Lake Day Camp.
- Eagle Lake Day Camp. June 7-11, 2021. Volunteers are still needed. Sign up here!
- Campfires & S’mores. Saturday, July 24. 7PM. Side Yard. Are you missing the Platt Park Church camping trip? Or maybe you always wanted to come camping but weren’t excited about the actual sleeping outside part. This is your year! Come to the church for Campfires and S’mores — all the fellowship & deliciousness but you get to go home after and sleep in a bed!
- Movie Night Under the Stars. Saturday, August 28. 7PM. Side Yard. Bring your own blanket/short chair and beverage — popcorn will be provided.
- All-Church Bingo Night. Saturday, September 25. 5PM. Social Hall. Everyone is welcome! Bring your own dinner and we will provide the beer, beverages & bingo fun! Prizes for players of all ages.
- 100-Year Anniversary Party / Halloween Block Party. Weekend of October 30-31, 2021. The church building turns 100 on October 31, 2021!
Email Holly with any questions or if you would like to help with any of these events.
Did you purchase a Spread Love shirt or hoodie in the past two weeks? We would love to replace it for you! There was a problem with the ink on the shirts, causing some of the ink to bleed/fade when they’re washed. Email Holly with the type of shirt/color/size you purchased and we’ll get a new one to you. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Side Yard Planting with The Table
Thursday, May 20, 5PM. Church yard bordering Iowa St.
We will are excited to begin planting out lovely garden this year at Platt Park Church and look forward to the abundance of yummy veggies it will give to our community. We are looking for planting volunteers on Thursday, May 20th – beginning at 5pm. The location will be at Platt Park Church’s side yard (bordering Iowa St.).
Please fill out the short questionnaire to sign-up.
June 13, 11AM, Social Hall
Are you interested in baptism? During the Sunday, June 20th worship service we will baptize anyone who is interested. We will have a class on Sunday, June 13th at 11AM to explain baptism more fully.
If you’re not certain or have some questions about baptism, come and check out the class. Click the button to RSVP or ask any questions.
The Platt Park Pantry
Spread Love Denver
- Volunteer to help set up the pantry and/or restock the pantry
- Donate food items for the pantry (requested items include: nut butters, dry pasta and pasta sauces, canned tuna, salmon, chicken, or turkey, canned soups and chili, whole-wheat crackers, nuts and trail mixes, granola bars and power bars, dried fruits (such as apricots and raisins)
Email Anne (click the button) with any questions or to volunteer, and check out the pantry the next time you’re on the block!
Eagle Lake Day Camp at Platt Park Church
June 7-11, 2021 (ages 7-12)
Would you like to help us with Eagle Lake this summer? It takes a lot of people to make this week of camp successful — if you’re interested, please click the button to fill out an interest form. Thank you!
– Check In Volunteers
– Check Out Volunteers
– Meal Providers
– Medical Support
Camper Drop Off
If your last name begins with A-M, please drop off your camper(s) between 8:30- 9:00 am. If your last name begins with N-Z, please drop off your camper(s) between 8:45-9:15 am. On Monday morning, anticipate spending an extra 5-10 minutes checking in.
Camper Pick Up
If your last name begins with A-M, please pick up your camper(s) between 4:00 – 4:15 pm. If your last name begins with N-Z, please pick up your camper(s) between 4:15-4:30 pm.
Platt Park Church App
We have a customized app so you can stay connected with everything here at Platt Park Church! You can access sermons, watch the live video stream, register for events, and give — right through our church’s app.
One of the great tools on the app is the “Daily Practice” podcast. The Daily Practice is a devotional tool from Platt Park Church for developing the habit of daily time with God.
Download the app today! Text “PLATT APP” to 77977 and download or use the download button.
Connect, Grow, Join a Group, Flourish
Stop by the ‘Connection Table’ at the back of the sanctuary after service and learn more about the good things that are happening in our faith community! Susan Stein (Pastor of Community Integration & Soul Care) would love to chat with you and share opportunities to connect, grow and flourish at Platt Park Church!
The Daily Practice
The Daily Practice is a devotional tool from Platt Park Church for developing the habit of daily time with God.
Learning to love God takes practice. Just like exercising a muscle, our hearts are trained to love from the bottom up, through the formation of our habits and practices. Discipleship is about curating our hearts to love God and the things that God loves. Forces of our culture train us to love things other than God all the time, but spiritual practices help us to be attentive and intentional about what my heart really loves and desires. Following Jesus is more a matter of hungering and thirsting than of knowing and believing and it is our habit forming practices that form our desires over time. May this daily practice tune your heart to sing His praise.
Click HERE to listen on the web, or find us wherever podcasts are available by searching for “Platt Park Church” or “Daily Practice: Time with God”.
Casserole Care Volunteers
We’re thrilled to offer #CasseroleCare to our new moms, families undergoing a severe illness, and others in need!
It’s a good-old fashioned meal train, where we deliver home-cooked or freshly prepared restaurant dinners. Service opportunities include meal preparation, delivery, or simply donating a gift card from your favorite fast casual restaurant!
Please indicate #CasseroleCare on your comment card, or contact Marcie Everett for additional details.
Apple Tree Clothes Closet
The APPLE TREE CLOSET is open for shopping! Beautiful, upscale women’s clothing, shoes, and accessories are regularly donated to us by Common Threads on South Pearl and you can purchase them for a fraction of their original price.
Students and those with low income can even shop for free! The proceeds from this ministry benefit our Benevolence/Blessing Fund. Come check it out on the lower level!
(Due to space limitations we are no longer accepting donated items from the congregation).
Did you know that our church has a “Blessing Team?’” This is a group of dedicated individuals who are available to help meet the needs of people in our faith community. Our role is to support and encourage through a variety of means such as providing meals, financial assistance, visitation, and prayer.
Do you know of someone in need? Please let us know.