Worship with us! Sundays at 9AM & 10:30AM.
Preschool and Kids Club (ages birth through 5th grade) are available at both services.
Youth Group (grades 6th through 12th) meets at 10:30AM.
- Locations & Times: Pencil us in, clear your schedule, just show up. We’re waiting to meet you!
- What we believe: We think you’ll find we have a lot in common.
- Who we are: Meet our leadership & elders and say hello to a familiar face on Sunday!
- Give back: Choosing a church, for many people, involves not just listening to the talk – but walking the walk.
- Watch our journey and see where you could get involved here.
What you can expect from us
- Authentic, imperfect, down-to-earth people, who are seeking to follow God in the way of Jesus
- Historic building full of character that both honors the past and reflects the creativity of our current community
- An open welcome, a hot cup of coffee, and a desire that you will not feel new here for very long
- An atmosphere of acceptance, recognizing that we all come from different cultural and religious contexts
- Space when you need it, warmth and welcome when you’re ready for it
- Inspiring, fun place for kids to learn about the love of God
- Orthodox, historic, Christian teaching with relevance for today
- A focus on Christian formation with value placed on the inward journey
- A commitment to social justice with opportunities to serve in our church, city and world
- Small group opportunities to foster deeper relationship with God and others
If you are searching this website, it’s because you’re looking for a church to call home. Maybe you’re looking for belonging, friendship, or spiritual peace.
Our church’s hope is that you may find all of these things and more at Platt Park Church, and if not with us, then somewhere else. We pray that neither fear nor the distractions of life will keep you from finding what God has in store for you. I’m writing this letter to tell you my story, introduce our church, and share my dream of what I hope you may experience with us.
First, let me tell you a bit about me. I have been married to my best friend Tim for 15 years, and I am Mom to Russell (4) and Lyla (2). I am a writer, pastor, business owner & entrepreneur. But the most important thing about me is that I, – like you – am a beloved child of God. Author Brennen Manning said, “When I get honest, I admit I am a bundle of paradoxes. I believe and I doubt, I hope and get discouraged, I love and I hate, I feel bad about feeling good, I feel guilty about not feeling guilty. I am trusting and suspicious. I am honest and I still play games. Aristotle said I am a rational animal; I say I am an angel with an incredible capacity for beer.” God has been forming me across my whole life, and I am still awed by God’s loving me in my wholeness, including my paradoxes! I was born into a family that was very far from God, but when I was about 7 years old, God got a hold of my dad’s life, and our family changed dramatically for the good. I had a front row seat to the power of God’s love to transform a person’s life and the entire atmosphere of my family. This made a huge impression on me, and I began following God in the way of Jesus.
Today, my husband Tim and I co-pastor Platt Park Church. We began in 2010 and our name represents the historic Denver neighborhood where we gather. Our mission is helping people become passionate, devoted followers of Christ. We have 200-250 people from various ages and stages who gather in worship weekly, 10-15 small groups, and many opportunities for serving both locally and internationally. In 2015, 18% of our total annual budget was given away to local and international ministry partners. Our building operates more like a community center throughout the week, with many different groups utilizing space including a preschool, a food bank, 2 other ministries, a clothes closet and a spiritual direction center. In all that we do, we are working and praying to see God’s restoration reflected in our city.
Our hope and dream is for God to create the kind of church home where people can encounter Christ, and grow deeper in their experience of him. Following Jesus is a lifelong journey, and I thank God everyday for the community of faith He is building in Denver through Platt Park Church.
If you’re looking for a church home, we’d love to meet you and hear more about you. Join us Sunday, and please come say hello if you do!
We hope to see you soon,